EXTENDED OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM AND SERVICES (EOPS) and COOPERATIVE AGENCIES RESOURCES FOR EDUCATION (CARE)
Admissions/Student Services Complex 104G-P 434-4268
Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS) and Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) offer special support services to help students start and move forward successfully toward their personal, educational, and career goals.
EOPS is a state-funded program for educationally disadvantaged residents of California who meet low-income qualifications, are enrolled as full-time students, and wish to continue their education.
CARE offers support services for childcare and transportation to single parents who are CalWORKs participants and the head of a household with a child under age 14 while they attend classes and training programs.
EOPS/CARE staff members believe that obtaining an education is the best way you can improve your future. Our support services for eligible students include:
• Academic and career counseling;
• Personal counseling;
• Priority enrollment and classes in student success and basic English skills;
• Book accounts and free tutoring;
• Outreach programs to provide support to educationally disadvantaged students; and
• CARE assistance for childcare and transportation for qualified students.
Applications for EOPS and CARE can be obtained in the EOPS/CARE office. For more information, call or drop by the EOPS/CARE office (located next to the Financial Aid Office), or visit the EOPS website.