HEALTH SERVICES CENTER
Adjacent to Cafeteria 434-4262
SMC’s Health Services Center provides health and psychological services to currently enrolled Santa Monica College students, with referrals as needed. The focus of the Health Services Center is on health promotion, prevention of illness, and health education.
All campus accidents must be reported immediately to the Health Services Center.
The Health Services staff provides the following to all currently enrolled students who have paid the Health Fee:
• Assessment and health counseling by a Registered Nurse (RN) for personal health problems, with referrals to community physicians and/or other appropriate services when necessary;
• Emergency and first aid treatment;
• Medical care by physician;
• Free HIV testing;
• Blood pressure screening;
• Tuberculin Mantoux skin test;
• Selected over-the-counter medications;
• Selected immunizations;
• Pamphlets and other materials on health topics.
Additional services such as vaccinations are available at minimal cost.
For hours and other information, please call the Health Services Center or visit our website.
The Health Fee is NOT health insurance. The Health Fee covers ONLY the services offered at the SMC Health Services Center. Any expenses a student incurs for medical services are the sole responsibility of the student, and not the Santa Monica Community College District. Students can find written information about optional health and dental insurance programs at the front desk in the Health Services Center or on the Health Services webpage (www.smc.edu/healthcenter). International students should consult the International Education Center for information on health insurance.